Thursday, March 8, 2012

Going to France

Okay I am very excited I have never been out of the United States before. This is a new experience for me and all thanks to my parents and a scholarship from the TnCIS program.

Back in February I applied for TnCIS program which stands for Tennessee Consortium for International Students. Soon after I applied for the Scholarship as well. I had orignially applied to go to Ireland, but because they were no longer offering the classes I could take, I decided to go to France instead.

After that I got all the paperwork together and getting it notarized. There is a lot of it. There is so much going into getting ready for this trip.

I had to take care of health paperwork, and all the other paperwork saying that I will behave on the trip and be a good representative not just of the TnCIS Program, but also as a US citizen.

Finally the passport. Getting that was interesting. Hopefully things will work out with that cause there were some issues.

 People may be surprised that I didn't apply for a passport sooner, but the reason I didn't is because it's about $150! That's a lot of money and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go. I'm not going to get a passport and than not find out I can't go. I don't want to waste money.

So it has been a little stressful getting ready for this trip to France. Besides all of that I am very excited and it really hasn't hit me yet that I will be leaving the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment